Grant Deadlines Each Year:
February 28 | April 30 | June 30 | August 31 | October 31
Grant Application Details:
- Grants submitted by the deadline will be announced 30 days after the deadline.
- The course end date must be after the deadline and 30 day review period to be considered.
- Your application must be submitted by the deadline to be considered eligible.
- A letter of recommendation must be submitted by the recommender through the system to complete your application.
Partners in Education
The Foundation has $30,000 allotted for grants. Additionally, we’ve formed partnerships with ITI, ATS, CICB and NCCCO. The Foundation will be awarding grants for in-person and online courses and certifications with these organizations.
Follow the link below for details on the offerings from these partners.
- National Commission for Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) certification
- Industrial Training International (ITI) course offerings
- Associated Training Services (ATS) course offerings
- CICB (Crane Inspection & Certification Bureau) course offerings
Are You Eligible?
- Grants are open to anyone who currently works in the specialized transportation or crane and rigging industry OR anyone who is interested in working in the industry.
- Open to SC&RA member company employees.
- Courses or classes should be directly related to acquiring necessary skills to advance your career in the industry. (For example, diesel mechanics, welding, book keeping, driver school, crane operator certification, marketing, accounting)
- If you are pursuing a 4 year degree or masters, you are not eligible for the Grant. Please complete the Scholarship application.
Selection & Dispersments:
Grant awards range from $250 to $5,000. If your course or class is more than $5,000 please provide information on how you will pay the remaining tuiition costs.
Winners must use the Award within 12 months or funds should be returned to the Foundation.
Award disbursements are made directly to the school on the students behalf. Awards are not provided to a company or individual.
If a grant applicant is selected and has indicated NCCCO certification or courses with ITI, CICB or ATS, the selection committee will work with the winners and organizations to schedule courses.